Buy Careprost ( Bimatoprost) Online
What is Careprost?
Careprost is an ophthalmic solution that contains 0.03% w/v Bimatoprost. Bimatoprost belongs to a group of chemical substances called prostamides or prostaglandins analogs. It usually comes in a 3ml bottle. Prostaglandins work by surging the drainage of fluid from the aqueous humor of the eyes to the bloodstream.
Careprost is applied in the treatment and management of glaucoma (open-angle glaucoma), loss of eyelashes, and other conditions that cause high pressure within the eyes (intraocular hypertension).
Glaucoma is a degenerative condition that damages the optic nerve of the eyes. It occurs when there is an accumulation of fluid in the eyes. The increased fluid build-up leads to more pressure being exerted upon the optic nerves thereby causing the degenerative processes. This degeneration of the nerves can lead to partial or total blindness if not properly managed.
Careprost works by ensuring continuous and controlled draining of the fluid in the aqueous humor of the eye into the bloodstream. It decreases the accumulation of fluid and intraocular hypertension.
Indications for Careprost
Careprost is used to treat or manage the following conditions:
- Open-angle glaucoma
- Insufficient eyelashes
- Intraocular hypertension
Direction for Use and Dosage
The eye drop is for ophthalmic use alone. It should not be taken by mouth or swallowed. Also, you should clean your hands properly before opening the bottle.
After opening the lid, tilt your head backward or lie down on your bed or couch whilst using an index finger and thumb to slightly push/pull up the eyelid of the affected eye. This will reveal the eyes properly for the drops to be carefully applied.
With your second finger, instill 1 to 2 drops of Careprost and close your eyes for up to 2 mins so that the drug will be evenly distributed. Ensure the tip of the bottle does not come in contact with your finger or eyes so as not to cause contamination. Contaminations may cause infections in the eye.
Cover the bottle after instilling the drops and wash your hands after use.
If you use contact lenses, remove them before instilling the drops and stay for a minimum of 20 minutes after applying the drops before putting back your contact lenses. The drug is applied once a day, and suitably in the evening time or just before going to sleep.
Careprost is a life-long medication. You should not stop taking it unless your doctor instructs you. Do inform a doctor if you stop or plan to stop using it.
Precautions to Take Before Using Careprost
Before using Careprost, do well to inform the physician if you have any history of:
- Liver diseases or kidney impairment
- Diabetes, including diabetic retinopathy
- Allergies to Bimatoprost or related drugs
- Eye surgeries like cataracts surgery or if you might have one in the nearest future
- Cardiomyopathies like bradycardia and low blood pressure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or Asthmatic conditions
If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant soon, inform your doctor before using the drug as animal studies have shown that the drug causes deformities in babies. It should only be taken when the benefit it brings outweighs the risks.
Women who are breastfeeding should be cautious before taking the drug because it usually passes into breast milk, which is not safe for the baby.
Again, Careprost should not be given to people who are less than sixteen years of age. This is because pigmentation issues have been observed in this group of people.
Side Effects of Careprost
The following adverse reactions have been reported in people using Careprost:
- Ocular pruritus
- Dry eyes
- Blurry vision
- Pain in the eyes
- Conjunctival hyperemia
- Periorbital erythema (inflammation of the eyelids and skin surrounding the eyes)
- Moving sensations in the eyes
- Darkening of eyelashes
- Asthenopia (straining of the eyes)
- Inflammation of the iris
- Sore throats
- Body pains
- Nasal congestion
- Eye congestions
- Teary eyes
- Difficulty in breathing
- Red or itchy eyelids
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throats
- Irregular heartbeats
Missed Dose and Overdose
Peradventure you miss your dose of Careprost, instill the drops immediately after you remember. If the time you remembered it is close to the time for your next dose, you should skip it.
Avoid instilling it more than once a day to avoid overdose. Always inform your doctor or pharmacist about all incidents of missed doses.
If you suspect overdose or accidental poisoning, call the poison control center in your district or dial 911.
Virtually all drugs or chemical substances have the tendency to interact with other drugs, beverages (food/alcohol), and disease conditions at varying degrees in different individuals. And Careprost is not an exception.
The exact type or degree of severity of Careprost interactions with alcohol is not clearly defined. However, as a rule, you should not take Careprost with alcohol.
Careprost interacts moderately with the following disease conditions:
- Macular Edema: this refers to the accumulation of fluid in the middle of the retina. It occurs when blood from blood vessels leaks into the retina of the eye. This results in swelling of the retina which can cause visual impairment. Hence people with this condition should use Careprost with caution.
- Uveitis: this refers to an inflammation of the uvea, which is the middle portion of the eyes. Uveitis is characterized by swelling, redness of the eyes, pains, and blurred vision. Bimatoprost causes uveitis. Hence, the drug should be used with caution in these individuals.
- Hepatic /renal conditions ( kidney impairment): The drug is metabolized by the liver and excreted by the kidneys after it has been systemically absorbed. Care needs to be taken while administering Careprost in patients with renal impairment.
Careprost interacts with the following drugs:
- Latanoprost ophthalmic
- Tafluprost ophthalmic
- Bimatoprost topical
- Unoprostone ophthalmic
- Latanoprostene Bunod ophthalmic
- Travoprost ophthalmic
- Omidenepag isopropyl ophthalmic.
Careprost should be kept in its customized container after use. It should be stored at ambient temperature. Also, it should be kept out of the reach of children and pets.